- Event name
- Start and end times
- Description of event.
- Website if applicable
- You have total control over your events. If the time changes, the event is cancelled, or you want to correct mistakes simply update your calendar and the Madison Jazz calendar changes instantly.
- You do not have to remember to submit events to anyone. Just update your calendar and it will show up automatically on the Madison Jazz calendar. Easy and fast.
How to Merge your calendar into the Madison Jazz Calendar
1. Create a Web-based calendar set up in the iCalendar format. Examples are Google Calendar, Apple’s iCal, and Microsoft’s Live Calendar. I recommend Google Calendar because it is easy, and I understand it and can help you with it. Immediately below is a step by step guide to create a google calendar. Here is another place to get help with Google Calendar. Lastly here is an article of tricks to maximize use of Google Calendar.
2. Email the HTML address of your calendar to me.
3. I will merge your calendar into this master calendar.
4. Update your calendar as needed and the master calendar instantly updates, too!
How to Create a Google Public Calendar
1. Create a Google account if you don’t have one yet.
2. Sign into your Google account. I usually do this from Google’s search page or it can be done from their sign in page.
3. Find Google calendar either from the search page (under more), or from the products page after signing in.
4. Fill in your name, etc. Click enter and up pops your calendar.
5. Adjust calendar settings.
- On the left under “My Calendars” is the default name of your 1st calendar. Click the small arrowhead to its right and a box will appear with several choices.
- Click settings. A large box appears open to the Calendar Details screen. Fill in the fields at the top and ignore the stuff lower down for now.
- Back at the top of the large box click “share this calendar.” Check “make this calendar public.” This must be checked in order for your calendar to be seen on the Madison Jazz Calendar.
- Click Save.
6. To create an event: 1)above the small calendar on the left click the red Create box, then fill in, or 2) click the date within the calendar , then click edit event details and fill in.
7. To delete an event: click on the colored portion of the event, then click delete.
8. To edit an event: click on the title of the event, make changes, and save.
9. Find your calendar address and email it to me.
- Go back to the calendar details page: click arrowhead on right of calendar name, then Calendar Details.
- Scroll down to Calendar Address and click the blue HTML button. Your address will be displayed. Send your email address to me using the contact form.